You are here
Who we are
What information do we collect
This Website may collect and process data that you provide to us about you, for example through filling out forms, and other information that we automatically collect from you.
We collect your name, email address and optional telephone number. The telephone number is useful to contact you if we are unable to reach you by email. We also collect the name of your leaseback residence and management company. These details are used to automatically connect you to other users in your residence and management company.
Sign-up to receive our newsletter
Our newsletter is not regular. We only send one if we think we have information which might interest you. In addition to our newsletter, we may periodically send additional emails, which we think you may find useful (e.g. information about our tax or CDP service). If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe at any time by modifying your account and unchecking the box "Opt-out of mass email messages". When we send you an email we will also include this information regarding how to "Opt-out". We will never share your information other than for the purpose for which it was provided to us.
We collect questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your name and email address, if you use our online form to contact frenchleaseback.net. We use these details to respond to the feedback/query you send us. In some instances, if your query can be better handled by one of our partners (e.g. your query is of a legal nature) then we may pass this information to the relevant partner, but we will only pass the information to a relevant partner after obtaining your consent.
Security and virus protection
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. While we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, such transmission is at your own risk. We will not be liable for any damages or loss arising out of or resulting from any unauthorised access to, alteration to or modification of information contained on this website. We accept no liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your computer system or your data caused by using this website or arising as a result of having used the website.
Information we collect from you
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long do we keep your information
We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. Information will be stored and then destroyed in line with the frenchleaseback.net retention and disposal schedule.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
- you have unsubscribed from a service (eg email newsletter)
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
Who do we share your information with
- French tax service - for users using this service required french tax data is transmitted securely to our EDI partner, who in turn transmit it securely to the french tax office
- Commandement de Payer service - for users using this service data is sent to french bailiffs according to french law
- Sales service - for users wishing to sell their leaseback, name, email, management company and residence is sent to french agents
- Legal help - users with specific legal questions are referred to french solicitors
frenchleaseback.net will not sell your personal information.
As an individual whose personal data is processed by frenchleaseback.net, you have:
- The right to be informed - Transparency is a key requirement of data protection law. You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This privacy notice is designed to provide you with the information needed to allow you to see how and why your personal data is used when visiting this website.
- The right to access the data we hold on you - You also have the right to ask for the personal data that we have about you. To protect your privacy we may ask you to verify your identity.
- The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate - If you believe that personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or misleading then you have the right to request that it is rectified.
- The right to erasure (in limited circumstances - In some circumstances, you can ask for your personal information to be deleted, for example:
- your personal information is no longer needed for the reason it was collected in the first place
- you have removed your consent for us to use your information (where there is no other legal reason us to use it)
- there is no legal reason for the use of your information
- Please note that we cannot delete your information where we’re required to have it by french accountancy law
- The right of data portability (in limited circumstances) - Where you have provided your personal data directly to us that is processed by automated means and is done so purely on the basis of your consent, then you will have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in an electronic format for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to direct marketing - You have an unconditional right to object to direct marketing at any time. As noted within this privacy notice frenchleaseback.net will not send you direct marketing without your consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions to ‘Opt-out’ link within each email.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data - Processing is the term under data protection law that describes all uses of your personal data. This will include the collection, sharing, storage, retention and destruction of your data.
If you have any specific data protection queries or concerns, you can address it to Amjam’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
How can you make a complaint about how your data is processed
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of how frenchleaseback.net processes your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK.
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113